Number portability is the ability to change the service provider, physical location or type of service while retaining the existing subscriber’s telephone number. When number portability is required by a country's regulatory agency it is a MUST for all operators.
Iskratel's solution addresses different levels.
- Country level (regulatory agency defines interconnection requirements, network routing numbers, porting scenarios, etc.).
- Administrative part of a solution (central number-portability database, tools for supporting administrative part of porting process, synchronization interfaces torward operators, etc.).
- Operator level (NP application server, synchronization interfaces, implementation of triggering methods on network elements, routing, billing, provisioning adaptation, etc.).
Iskratel has building blocks to cover the administrative part of the NP solution and all requirements from the operator's level, especially if the network elements are from Iskratel’s product portfolio.
Iskratel’s NP solution is cost-effective, flexible and could be easily extended with special regulatory features such as tariff transparency, NP announcements, white/black lists, and it is designed to fit in fixed or mobile operators' networks.
Because of its flexible design this solution could be used not only for service provider portability and location portability but also for service portability – end-users keep the telephone number when they change the type of telecommunications service (e.g., from POTS to VoIP/IMS). Therefore, it can be used as a powerful tool in a network modernization process.
- Scalability from very low to high-end configurations,
- Fits into mobile or fixed networks,
- Supports a variety of network signaling protocols and SOAP/REST on the northbound interface,
- Open for further enhancements,
- Fulfills all regulatory requirements,
- Solution can be used for regulatory, service or location Number Portability,
- Can be easily extended with additional Regulatory requirements (announcements, tariff transparency mechanisms, etc.)
- Can be used as a powerful tool in a network modernization process,
- Offers the freedom to change operators without changing phone numbers (and without informing friends, business partners, clients, etc. about a new phone number),
- Implementation removes barriers to competition between operators and services and ensures a dynamic, fully competitive market,
- Multi-mode functionality TDM-NGN-IMS with easy migration procedure.
- Solution is verified and proven by different regulatory bodies, institutes, standards organizations. Interoperability tests are made with other equipment vendors.